This post is a month late… but better late then never! 2017 was a big year for me and my business. Today I am sharing some of my biggest accomplishments for 2017, and some goals for 2018.
-Shooting my FIRST WEDDING! (and then shooting 3 more after that!!)
- This was seriously something that I had dreamed of doing for so long, and that dream finally became a reality. With all of these weddings came my first ever engagement sessions as well! I learned so much through those four weddings and multiple engagement sessions and I can’t wait to take that knowledge and use it for all that is to come in 2018!!
-Photographing over 30 senior sessions!!
- Senior portraits is one of my most favorite things to photograph. This year was especially fun, because most of the sessions involved my classmates and friends. I also learned so much from all of these sessions, and I can’t wait for this summer and all of the sessions to come!
-Shooting my FIRST PROPOSAL!!
- This was definitely one of the most special moments of 2017 for me. I felt so honored to be able to capture and play apart in this proposal.
-Launching my SHOWIT WEBSITE!
- This was one of the best investments I have made for my business thus far! I absolutely love Showit!
-Using Photography to Serve Others!
- I recently became the official photographer for one of my favorite ministries, Carry 117. I’ve always wanted to use my gifts of photography for good, and Carry 117 is giving me the opportunity to do so!
With over 60 shoots total this year I have learned a lot. There were times when I wanted to give up , I didn’t want to keep shooting because it was too hard, too much work, too stressful. Balancing life as a high school student/wedding/senior/family photographer is HARD, but worth it! I have come out stronger and even more ready to take on whatever 2018 brings about!
Below, I am listing just a few of my goals for 2018!
- Blog more sessions!
- Create even more consistency in my Instagram.
- Create a game plan for my business in college.
- Invest in more photography education.
- Book 5 Weddings
I also wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who has made this dream possible! If it weren’t for you, my business wouldn’t be anywhere near where it is now. To everyone who has taken a chance and trusted me, thank you. To everyone who has graciously forgiven me as I continue to learn from my mistakes, thank you. To everyone who has encouraged me, thank you.
Here’s to a New Year!!! 🙂